ADAT Lightpipe to DC coupled outputs interface (DAC)
ES-3 converts eight channels of ADAT Lightpipe input to DC coupled outputs on 3.5mm jacks, for the ultimate convenience in connection of a DAW directly to analogue synthesizers.
The outputs can be used as control voltages (CVs), for example with software such as Expert Sleepers Silent Way , and can also be used as audio outputs at high, modular synth-compatible levels.
With the ES-3, a single optical cable is all that is need to bring direct CV control from your DAW right into the heart of a modular system.
- Digital input connection: optical, ADAT Lightpipe standard
- Analog outputs: 8x 3.5mm jacks, DC-coupled
- D/A conversion: 24 bit, 113dB SNR typical
- Maximum output voltage: approximately ±10V DC
- Indicators: LED for ADAT clock sync; illuminated sockets indicate output voltage (+ve/-ve)
The ES-3 produces 8 outputs as normal when the ADAT interface is operated at 44.1/48kHz. In double speed mode (88.2/96kHz), the ES-3 outputs 4 channels, duplicated across pairs of outputs (ES-3 outputs 1/2 carry ADAT channel 1, outputs 3/4 carry ADAT channel 2 etc.). However, users of Silent Way software can take advantage of the Silent Way SMUX plug-in to interleave CVs on the 96kHz stream, restoring the number of usable CV outputs to 8.
Expansion: ES-5 (1 stereo channel to 8 gate/clock/sync/MIDI outs) CV Input interface (ADC)
- Current Consumption: 148mA@+12V, 18mA@-12V
- Width : 8HP
- Depth : 50mm
#8HP #Controller #MIDI