USB Audio Interface
The ES-8 is a USB 2.0 class-compliant audio interface in a Eurorack module, with DC-coupled inputs and outputs that can be used for both CVs and audio. As such it is directly compatible with all popular computer-based CV generation software (e.g. Silent Way, Max/MSP, Bitwig Studio, Reaktor, CV Toolkit, etc.) as well as audio and CV processing iOS apps.
The ES-8 also has ADAT inputs & outputs. This could be used for example to expand the output count via an Expert Sleepers ES-3, or to connect a traditional audio interface to add, say, mic preamps or 1/4″ line outputs.
- USB socket: Type B
- Driver suport: class-compliant USB 2.0 (Windows support coming feb 2017)
- Channel count: 12 in, 16 out
- Supported sample rates: 44.1kHz, 48kHz, 88.2kHz, 96kHz
- Output connections: 8x 3.5mm jacks, DC-coupled
- Maximum output voltage: approximately ±10V DC
- Analogue inputs: 4x 3.5mm jacks, DC-coupled
- Input voltage range: approximately ±10V
- Digital I/O: 1x ADAT input, 1x ADAT output
- Expansion headers: 1 for ES-5, 1 for ES-6
The front panel is drilled for both Doepfer and Analogue Systems mounting holes (using a ‘slot’ rather than a single round hole). The power connector is a Doepfer standard 16 way IDC, with -12V furthest from the top of the board.
- Current Consumption: 198mA@+12V, 52mA@-12V
- Width : 8HP
- Depth : 50mm
#8HP #CV Modulation #Utility #External #Controller #MIDI