Brought to you from the man who invented the term “Parametric Equalization”, the 8200 has been an industry standard for over twenty years, and can be found on virtually every major recording studio’s stereo bus. Each of the five broadly-overlapping bands offers 15dB of Boost or Cut and adjustable bandwidth (or “Q”) from 0.4 to 4. The lowest and highest bands also can be switched to Shelf mode. Quite simply, the 8200 is the archetype Stereo Parametric Equalizer. Its extraordinary resolution, benchmark transparency, generous headroom, and surgical precision have been the reference for many other equalizers but exceeded by no other. The 2U 8200 uses one 8355 PSU.
GML8200 Parametric Equalizer at a Glance
- Industry-standard EQ found in most major studios worldwide
- 5-band EQ with overlapping bands and 15 dB boost or cut
- Incredibly transparent and natural sounding
The choice of studios all over the world
Go into any major recording studio, anywhere on earth, and you’ll probably find at least one GML8200 Parametric Equalizer in the rack or built into the board. It’s that clear! George Massenburg, the inventor of parametric equalization, created the GML8200 for no-compromise audio environments in which the wrong EQ could mean the difference between a Grammy and an also-ran.
Five bands, extraordinary control
Each of the GML8200’s five broadly-overlapping bands offers 15dB of boost or cut and adjustable bandwidth (or “Q”) from 0.4 to 4. The lowest and highest bands also can be switched to Shelf mode. With uncommon front panel simplicity you can shape your signal a little or a lot!
An astonishingly clean, clear sound
Quite simply, the 8200 is the archetype Stereo Parametric Equalizer. Its extraordinary resolution, benchmark transparency, generous headroom, and surgical precision have been imitated by many other equalizers, but exceeded by no other.
GML8200 Parametric Equalizer Features
- Unparalleled sonic clarity and control
- 5-band stereo parametric equalizer with 15 dB of boost or cut per band
- Bandwidth adjustable from 0.4 to 4 octaves
- Switchable low and high shelving
- 2U rackmount convenience
- Includes external Power Supply
Trust the GML8200 Parametric Equalizer for the ultimate professional control!
- 20 kOhm balanced bridging
- 32 dB common mode rejection at 20kHz
- +27.4 dBv maximum before clipping (+ 28 VDC supplies)
- + 0.1 dB, 10 Hz to 80 kHz response (controls set flat)
- 0.002% Harmonic distortion at any frequency 20 Hz – 20 kHz1
- 0.002% SMPTE Intermodulation distortion2
- 30 v/usec discrete low noise, high performance amplifiers
- no tantalum or electrolytic interstage or output coupling capacitors
- noise -97.5 dBv bypassed, -78 dB or better typical (control position dependent)
- rolloff: 3 dB down at 260 kHz
FORM FACTOR – 2 CHANNELS, 5 BANDS: FULLY PARAMETRIC
- 1) 15 Hz – 800 Hz, Q of .4 – 4 or shelving, 15 dB boost/cut
- 2) 15 Hz – 800 Hz, Q of .4 – 4, 15 dB boost/cut
- 3) 120 Hz – 8 kHz, Q of .4 – 4, 15 dB boost/cut
- 4) 400 Hz – 26 kHz, Q of .4 – 4, 15 dB boost/cut
- 5) 400 Hz – 26 kHz, Q of .4 – 4 or shelving, 15 dB boost/cut
- +27.4 dBv clipping
- 3 mv output offset, stabilized by D.C. servo correction
- external power supply: +28 volts
- separate ground and chassis connections at rear
- 19″ x 3 1/2″ rack case, black anodized aluminium, silver legend, 8 1/2″ deep weight: 6 lbs.
1 Includes Sound Technology 1710A residual, 30kHz LP filter
2 Measured at +20 dBv ST 1710A; analyzer residual 0.0018%