Wavefolding is a technique for reshaping waveforms that (as its name implies) actually folds a wave’s peaks back toward center whenever those peaks exceed a certain threshold. Unlike a typical distortion circuit that simply clips any waveform that exceeds some threshold (resulting in increasingly harsh and uniform timbres), wavefolding creates all manner of complex waveshapes with rich, subtle, intertwined harmonics. The addition of CV over the folding parameters yields a shifting, otherworldly sweep of sonic texture that is both musical and unique.
- Fold control with a CV input and dedicated attenuator.
- Thru-zero symmetry control with a bipolar CV input and dedicated attenuator.
- Stages switch to select 2, 4 or 6 stages of folding.
- Trimmer on back to set the maximum drive amount in order to limit the range of the timbre shaping to a more subtle amount if needed.
- DC-coupled inputs so you can also feed CV to be folded.
- Current Consumption: 28mA@+12V, 27mA@-12V
- Width : 6HP
- Depth : 29mm