tHELHARMONIC은 초창기 일렉트로닉 뮤직의 혁명적이었던 사운드에 영향받은 신서사이저 모듈입니다. 1897년 최초의 Additive 신서사이저였던 Telharmonium, 1961년 James Tenney의 노이즈 스터디 그리고 1980년대 초반 PM 디지털 신서사이저가 그 주인공들 입니다.
각각의 알고리즘을 독립적으로 혹은 동시에 사용이 가능하며 멀티 보이싱을 만들 수 있어서 코드 사운드도 가능합니다. 일반적인 오실레이터 모듈보다 더욱 복잡하고 흉내내기 어려운 사운드를 표현할 수 있습니다.
Additive Synthesis Module
The tELHARMONIC is a Multi-Voice, Multi-Algorithm synthesizer module named for the music hall considered by some to be the location of the first electronic music concerts. It was coded by Tom Erbe with the goal of presenting three historically important pioneering electronic tone generation techniques less often implemented within the modular synthesizer.
The tELHARMONIC’s roots go back further than the advent of electronic music, as it also takes a new approach to handling music theory in the modular context. TONIC, INTERVAL, DEGREE and D-GATE, allow for patch-programming of complex chord progressions, scales, melodies and playing styles. This Voltage Controlled Music Theory guides the Algorithms in a unified way, whereas CENTROID, FLUX and H-LOCK sculpt the timbre of each Algorithm uniquely, allowing for complex sounds to be created around a unified melodic structure and pattern.
- 3 Voice Additive Harmonic synthesis inspired by Thaddeus Cahill’s Telharmonium, 1897
- Noise synthesis inspired by early computer music piece “Analog 1: Noise Study” by James Tenney, 1961
- 3 Voice Phase Modulation synthesis inspired by early commercial digital synthesis, 1980’s
- CENTROID, FLUX and H-LOCK animate each Algorithm uniquely
- All Algorithms available simultaneously at their respective outputs
- 6 octaves of continuous 1V/ Oct. pitch control, 4 octaves of quantized pitch control
- 3 Voice Shift Register allows for creation of any 3-note chord within the twelve-tone scale
- Voltage Controlled Music Theory!
- DEGREE Modulation able to be synchronized by clock or gate via D-Gate input
- Gate Out completes the conversation between tELHARMONIC and rest of system!
- Utilizes High performance DSP hardware with 24bit, 48kHz codec, 32 bit floating point processing
- Reasonable power consumption
- Has Spiratone inside
- Pairs well with Optomix
- Current Consumption: 139mA@+12V, 10mA@-12V
- Width : 14HP
- Depth : 30mm