Blinds is a 4-channel voltage-controlled signal polarizer. Each channel consists of a polarizer circuit, also known as a four-quadrant multiplier. This circuit acts like a VCA, except that a negative control voltage will cause the output signal to be inverted, instead of being silenced. Blinds’ outputs are daisy-chained, allowing adjacent groups of 2, 3, or all 4 channels, to be mixed together.
CONTROLS and I/O
For each of the 4 channels:
- Modulation CV offset.
- Modulation CV attenuverter.
- DC-coupled signal input and control input.
- DC-coupled signal output.
- Input impedance: 100k for all inputs.
- CV offset range: +/- 5V.
- Gain scale: linear, a +5V CV translates to a gain of 1.
- Gain range: +/- 2.
- Open-source hardware.
- Current Consumption: 70mA@+12V, 70mA@-12V
- Width : 12HP
- Depth : 25mm